New Horizon Canada Consultants

Immigration Services

With over 50 immigration programs, there are many opportunities to immigrate to Canada… 

Canada is constantly seeking to contribute to its economic, social, and cultural growth by making it easier for people to immigrate from around the world. There are many ways in which to obtain Permanent Residence, Temporary Residence, or Refugee status. For example, individuals with previous experience in Canada can apply through the Canadian Experience Class program. Also, Individuals with family members who reside in Canada can apply for permanent residence through Family Class Sponsorship. 

With so many options available, each candidate will have a unique path to Canada based on your unique situation. In order to see what path will best suit your case, complete our free assessment form and one of our representatives will respond to your case within 48 hours. 

New Opportunity: EXPRESS Entry System

Express entry is a new system that was recently implemented by the IRCC that is used to select Skilled Immigrants as permanent residents based on their ability to settle in Canada and take part in the economy. 

The express entry system was designed and implemented to help simplify and expedite the immigration process for potential candidates. To be eligible for Express Entry, candidates must meet the requirements and apply through the following programs: 

  • Federal Skilled Workers Class
  • Federal Skilled Trades Class
  • Canadian Experience Class

Potential candidates are given points based on their profiles, and then ranked compared to the rest of the applicants in the express entry pool. If you are placed in the top rankings within the application pool, your application will be selected and invited to apply for Permanent Residence to Canada, which can then be processed within 6 months of the application. 

Permanent Residence

Family Class Sponsorship

If you are a citizen or permanent resident of Canada and at least 18 years old, you can sponsor certain relatives to come to Canada under the Family Class. To qualify, these individuals must be your spouse, your conjugal or common-law partner, your dependent child (this includes an adopted child) or other eligible relatives. If your family member can become a permanent resident, they can live, study and work in Canada. Eligible spouses or common-law partners have the opportunity to work in Canada while they wait for their application for permanent residence to be processed.

Federal Skilled Workers

Canada takes pride in accepting skilled and experienced professionals. To qualify your work experience must be at least one year (1,560 hours total / 30 hours per week), continuous full-time or an equal amount in part-time, paid work *(volunteer work, unpaid internships do not qualify).

Federal Skilled Trades

The Federal Skilled Trades Program allows individuals who are certified in a skilled trade to obtain permanent residence while working in Canada. The skilled trade categories include: Industrial, electrical and construction trades, Maintenance and equipment operation trades, Supervisors and technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture and related production, Processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control operators, Chefs and cooks, and Butchers and bakers. To be eligible, you must meet the following criteria: plan to live outside the province of Quebec, meet the required levels in English or French for each language ability (speaking, reading, writing and listening), have at least two years of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work experience)

Start-Up Visa for a Business Venture

To apply for a start-up visa, your business idea or venture must obtain the support of the following: Designated venture capital funds, Designated angel investor groups and designated business incubators. Organizations select which business proposals to evaluate. If an organization decides to review your business proposal, it will assess your business’ growth potential and viability. Each organization has its own intake process and evaluation criteria. If an organization chooses to support your business idea, they will provide you with a Letter of Support.

Investors, Self Employed persons

The Self-Employed Persons Program seeks to bring people who will become self-employed in Canada. They must have either; relevant experience in cultural activities or athletics, and intend and be able to make a significant contribution to the cultural or athletic life of Canada, or experience in farm management, and intend and be able to buy and manage a farm in Canada.

Canadian Experience Class

The Canadian Experience Class Program is for foreign workers who have already gained work experience in Canada, and show an intent to settle in the country. To be considered for the Canadian Experience Class, you need to have Canadian skilled work experience within three years of applying. According to the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC), skilled work experience; Managerial jobs (NOC skill level 0) Professional jobs (NOC skill type A) Technical jobs and skilled trades. You must have at least 12 months of full-time (or an equal amount in part-time) skilled work experience in Canada in the three years before you apply,have gained your experience in Canada with the proper authorization,meet the required language levels needed for your job for each language ability (speaking, reading, writing and listening).

Provincial Nominee Program

Most provinces and territories in Canada have an agreement with the Government of Canada that lets them nominate immigrants who want to settle there. These immigrants must have the skills, education and work experience to contribute to the economy of that province or territory, and must want to live there. In many cases, you must apply directly to a province or territory to be considered under its Provincial Nominee Program (PNP).

Quebec Immigration Programs

Immigration to Quebec differs as the provincial government of Quebec maintains the right to select immigration candidates based on their own selection criteria. Some of this selection criteria involves French language ability, and ties to the province of Quebec in order to see the likelihood of the candidate in settling successfully in the province. Quebec also offers several specific immigration programs such as the Quebec Experience Class, Quebec Skilled Workers, as well as Quebec Business and Investment programs.

Temporary Residence

In order to Visit, Work, or Study in Canada, Non-residents must obtain a Visa permit in order to stay temporarily in Canada. We can assist in the following: Visitor Visa Super Visa Students International Experience Class (IEC) Live-in Caregivers Business People under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA)

Refugee Sponsorship

Through the Private Sponsorship of Refugees Program, Canadian citizens and permanent residents have the opportunity to sponsor refugees from abroad that qualify to come to Canada. Sponsors of refugees are responsible for supporting them with housing, clothing, food, as well as social and emotional support, for the entire length of the sponsorship. There are several ways to sponsor a refugee to come to Canada. Some of these include: Group of Five Refugee Sponsorship Private Sponsorship Through SAH organizations


To see if you qualify for a Visa, please fill out our free assessment form, and one of our representatives will get back to you within 48 hours. If you have any questions regarding getting a Visa to Canada, please feel free to contact us and we would be happy to assist you